Talking Taiwan Episode About Taiwan: A World of Orchids with Pauline Huang
Did you know that there’s an annual flower show in New York featuring Taiwanese culture and orchids from Taiwan? Actually, I didn’t know this until one of my listeners reached out to me and told me about the upcoming Taiwan: A World of Orchids exhibit at the Queens Botanical Garden. Since I’m based in New York, I feel it’s my obligation to promote and inform people about all of the Taiwan-related events going on here.
So I spoke with Pauline Huang, Chairwoman of the Queens Botanical Garden’s Board of Directors, who personally spearheaded the Taiwan orchid exhibit, which is now in it’s fourth year. I was really impressed by Pauline’s personal commitment to the Queens Botanical Garden and her follow through to make the first Taiwan: A World of Orchids exhibit happen back in 2014. Talk about “putting your money where your mouth is.” The Taiwan: A World of Orchids exhibit is coming up August 18-20th at the Queens Botanical Garden (43-50 Main Street, Flushing, NY 11355).
Visit Talking Taiwan.com and listen to this episode by clicking HERE to learn more about the music, art and culture of Taiwan that you’ll experience at Taiwan: A World of Orchids.
I'm definitely looking forward to this event since flowers are one of my favorite things to photograph!
Here’s a little preview of what we talked about in this podcast episode:
- How Pauline not only spearheaded, but gave her personal assurance to make the first Taiwan: A World of Orchids exhibit happen in only 2 months time
- The music and art you’ll experience at the Taiwan: A World of Orchids exhibit
- Why Pauline believes it’s so important to give back to your community
- How Taiwan is one of the top three countries that exports orchids
- What sets Taiwan apart from other orchid producing countries
- How you can buy a Taiwan orchid to take home for yourself