Talking Taiwan Episode with Singer, Songwriter and Musician Treya Lam
I first learned about Treya, an up-and-coming musician with an amazing voice about two years ago, when she was profiled on TaiwaneseAmerican.org. From then on she was definitely on my radar to have as a guest on Talking Taiwan, but somehow the timing was just not right for it. As I waited for the stars to align, I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing her perform live several times. Now it’s time for me to have her on Talking Taiwan as a guest, and the timing couldn’t be better as Treya is in the midst of a Pledge Music campaign to raise funds for her first album. She’s running a sort of crowdfunding campaign, which I happen to know a thing or two about. So I am really thrilled to be able support her at this time, and to let others know about her huge talent. On top of all this I have the distinct honor of being the first on record to have done an audio interview with her!
To learn more about Treya, and to her unique sound, visit TalkingTaiwan.com and listen to the full episode by clicking here.
Here’s a little preview of what we talked about in this podcast episode:
- Treya’s thoughts on Taiwan and being Taiwanese and American
- Her musical inspirations and influences
- Treya’s music writing process and her sources of inspiration
- How she deals with writer’s block
- Working on her first album and her Pledge Music Campaign and what she has planned for it
- How you can support Treya’s Pledge Music Campaign and what she is offering at different contribution levels
- Her thoughts on musicians independently producing their own music