Talking Taiwan Interview with a Beer Brewing Entrepreneur
In our latest, long awaited episode, I spoke with Michael Forncrook about how he started his craft beer business, PB Craft, and a host of other topics. The full episode is now up on TalkingTaiwan.com. Click here to listen to it.
I love talking to entrepreneurs and small business owners. It’s always interesting to learn how they started and have continued to build their businesses. For this episode I had the pleasure of speaking to Michael Forncrook about how he started his craft beer business in Taiwan. We spoke at great length, and what a lot of listeners don’t know is that we do most of our podcasts long distance, via Skype. For this interview I was in New York, and Michael was in central Taiwan. It might not come as a surprise that we’ve the occasional technical glitch, but it happened a record number of times during my interview with Michael. We actually had to hang up and reconnect four times!
So I want to thank Michael for sticking it out with me and for supporting Talking Taiwan. We had such a fascinating conversation about a range of topics including what type of beer is healthier, the steps to brew beer at home, gypsy brewers, and advice for expats wanting to start a business in Taiwan.
Listen to the full episode on TalkingTaiwan.com by clicking here.
Here’s a little preview of what we talked about in this podcast episode:
- How and why PB Craft hosts beer brewing classes
- Beer brewing in Taiwan and Asia
- Michael’s company PB Craft
- The B2B agricultural food marketplace, that Michael is developing. He describes it as the Aliba or B2B Amazon for food products and beverages
- Can beer be considered healthy and what kind of beer is healthier?
- The benefits of beer spas
- How to brew beer at home
- Unique craft beer flavors
- What is a gypsy brewer?
- The craft beer industry in Taiwan and Asia.
- The challenges of running a business with your spouse
- Advice for expats interested in starting a business in Taiwan
Entrepreneurship in Taiwan